Monday 16 April 2018

STEAMPUNK ACRYLIC PAINT POUR


Good morning Blogland! Hope you are all well. I am here today (a little late!) with my project for the new challenge at The Crafter's Cafe. It's an interesting challenge for this fortnight! Here are the details: 

Celebrating World Art Day
"Create a Work of Art"

Suggestions 
Make a card with a scene
Create a picture you can frame
How about a page in an Art Journal 
Have a look at a favourite piece of art and use those colours
Diorama
Maybe use some Zentangles on an image
Instead of using plain or patterned cardstock , create your own background with paints/inks/glitter etc.
hope these help. 

Here are our sponsors:



 





I have created a canvas. My kids and I are really addicted to acrylic paint pouring! It is so much fun. This canvas was made using golds, reds and black. I've added some die-cuts....I couldn't find the gilding wax I wanted to use so improvised and used gold Pebeo Metal Touch Paint which I blobbed on then rubbed in with my finger. It's given the die-cuts a lovely sheen. The image I have used is from Mari's Digis, she is called Laura Steampunk. I've coloured her in Sepia tones using my Copics.
Here's a close-up.


Looking forward to seeing your makes. Don't be scared...let those creative juices flow!
Hugs
Fiona x
PS. I know there are many different "recipes" for paint pouring. Here is mine.

2tsp PVA Glue
1tsp Acrylic Paint
1-2tsp Water
Mix these together well then added just a couple of drops of WD-40 and give it a very gentle mix. And your ready to go.

This is my daughter getting messy!
And here are a few of our creations:
We've made about forty so far. And I'm also making jewellery from the leftover "skins"!

No comments: