Wednesday 11 June 2014

ALTERED CLOCK FOR CFAS

Good morning Blogland!
I'm here today with something a little different. This is my DT make for Crafting For All Seasons where the theme for the next fortnight is "Don't Be Square!"....so make anything as long as it's not square!
Now, there is a little tale behind this clock. We had a choice of images to use, and as an avid Marilyn fan, I chose this one and came up with the idea to alter a clock. So off I went to the shops to get a clock and came back with a cheapy one from B&M; it cost £2.99 and was cerise pink. Got home, got to work covering it with these lush papers from Michele R Designs and whilst waiting for the Mod Podge to dry I thought I'd just better check the design theme.....OH MY GOODNESS!!!! IT'S ANYTHING BUT SQUARE!!!! And my clock was SQUARE!!! Feeling a bit of a plonker, I walked away from it, and went to bed. Woke up next morning....had a lightbulb moment....MAKE IT ROUND!!! I got a piece of thick card and drew round a dinner plate, marked off the square shape and cut that from the middle, then slipped my square clock into the centre. VOLIA! A ROUND CLOCK!! Of course, the added bonus was I could add lots more embellies, and I printed out four little "Marilyns" to mark the quarters. I've added diecut shoes, a film strip, a few flowers and pearls. Have to say I love it!
Hope you like it too.
Now it's over to you....anything NOT square will do. Our sponsor for this challenge is:

Fabulous Sponsor 2014
Prize - 3 images from showcased creators

Hugs
Fiona xx

4 comments:

Carol said...

This is fabulous Fiona, love the papers you've used...and so well rescued! Carol x

Bianca said...

WOW! What an unbeliefabel fab project! I love your clock! xx Bianca

Dawn said...

Fiona, your clock is stunning! Both versions! Great work!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome Project love the Design and the Paper very elegant.
Love it.
Hugs Elfie