Sunday 10 February 2013

HEART CHRISTMAS TREE CARD

Two posts in one day! Rock n roll! Lol
I've made this card taking the basic idea from some christmas trees me and my little girl made last year. I think it works just as well on a card as it did in 3d! I wish I'd taken a photo of the tree to show you but heyho! Basically, it's lots of little hearts cut from Christmassy papers ( I used the same paper for this card), stuck together to form a tree. For the 3d version, you make a cone from card, whatever size you like, and layer up the hearts from the bottom to the top. Very simple but quite stunning as a centrepiece!
Anyway, the card! I've layered up my tree, I stick it together with wet glue so it's easy to reposition if needed, and finished it off with a pot cut from Kraft card, some stripey ribbon from Dovecrafts, and some gold padded stars.
Simples and quick to do too.
I'm entering this one in CHNC challenge "Anything but snow" and also in Hazel's monthly challenge "anything goes".
Hugs
Fiona xx

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Great idea for making the tree - super card - thanks for entering both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Lovely work. Thanks for joining Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra challenge this month.

Darcy Marshall said...

So cute, great use of the hearts.